Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Backpack for a motorcycle trip?

I%26#039;m getting ready to ride my yamaha r6 for apprx. 200 miles with a rest stop after about 100 miles. I%26#039;ve never ridden this far before on my bike, but I know the route VERY well as I drive it all the time (I just can%26#039;t afford the gas with my truck this go-around). I want to bring some things along (small things like a toothbrush, deodorant, pair of running shoes, extra t-shirt -- maybe 12 pounds total) and I was wondering this: is it safe to ride this far with all of this stuff in a backpack on my back?

Backpack for a motorcycle trip?
I%26#039;ve carried my books and laptop in a Hi-Sierra backpack with no problems on my bike.


My backpack weighed about 40# and didn%26#039;t affect my balance or maneurability at highway speeds.


It can get tiring for long distances if you carry heavy loads but 12#s, that%26#039;s light.


Good riding.
Reply:Yes, as long as you wear the backpack tight enough so it or the contents don%26#039;t flop around or slide from one side to the other when you move around.



tanning

No comments:

Post a Comment